Manali is a popular hill station of Himachal Pradesh, only 270 Kms away from Shimla, the state capital. This small town with the beautiful landscape is located in the valley of River Beas in Kullu district. It was once a quiet village long ago, which is now transformed into a busy tourist destination.
Best time to visit Manali
Though Manali remains crowded with tourists throughout the year, the best time for visiting this hill station with kids is the spring season and early summer. The weather remains very pleasant during this period between March and June, as the maximum temperature in peak summer goes up to 25 degree Celsius only. Hence, it is wise to spend summer vacations here, compared to the snowy winters or heavily raining monsoons.
Tips for visiting Manali with kids
- When a family plans for spending a vacation in Manali with the kids, it is necessary to pack enough woollen garments and shoes for all family members, to face the cool weather of the hills.
- The children can be still inflicted with cold, cough and other ailments there, for which all essential medicines should be carried.
- The parents also need to carry bottles of sunscreen lotion and moisturizers, to keep the skin healthy in this dry weather of hills.
Tourist places to visit in Manali
- Manu Temple and Hadimba Temple are two ancient religious sites for Hindu pilgrims, noted for artistic architecture and peaceful environment.
- Tourists make sure to visit two Tibetan monasteries, namely Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa and Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa, for watching Tibetan art forms and craftworks.
- Vashisht Temple with hot water spring 3 Km away from Manali and Nehru Kund on Leh National Highway are two other notable tourist attractions.
- Rahala Waterfalls, Jogini Falls, and Solang Valley are other vital tourist sites very close to Manali.
Adventure activities in Manali
The kids and even the adults enjoy various adventurous sports in Manali. Tourists love skiing and mountaineering on the snow-laden slopes of Himalayan ranges. River rafting on the fast flowing Beas and Manalsu Rivers is very exciting for people of all ages. Mountain biking, hiking and jeep safari are also very popular among the tourists. Paragliding and zorbing are other two adventurous activities, through which brilliant aerial views of the hilly regions can be seen.
Places to eat in Manali
There are number of reputed restaurants in Manali, where tourists can enjoy tasting various types of cuisines. Many north Indian restaurants are lined up on the Mall Road, which serve all North Indian dishes. Rose Garden is a venue for tasting Italian cuisines; while Johnson’s Cafe, Casa Velle Vista, Martin’s and Drifter’s Cafe are multi-cuisine restaurants that offer various Continental and European dishes. Tourists can also enjoy local cuisines in various eateries of Mall Road and on prime street corners of Manali.
How to travel to Manali?
Tourists can take bus services to Manali from New Delhi, Shimla, Dharamshala, and Kullu, as comfortable buses run on these routes. Some people also drive uphill on these roads, for enjoying the scenic beauty. Jogindernagar is the nearest railway station to Manali, as rail routes connect this town to Chandigarh, Ambala, and Pathankot. Kullu Airport is the nearest to Manali town, as several flights are available for Delhi and other Indian cities.
Where to stay in Manali?
Tourist can find many good hotels in Manali on the websites of reputed travel agencies. They can check online all the facilities offered by these hotels, as well as the costs of these hotel accommodations. So it is now easy to book rooms in the chosen hotels prior to starting the vacation in Manali.
You may also like...